Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Resolution Update

Resolution update….

February 
Heatlh: Join group for “Healthy Food Challenge”. This is a 5 day commitment to eat healthy, workout 5 days a week, report in to the group and motivate each other.
Organize: Finalize Poolhouse interior design for colors, tiles, appliances, hardware.

Health: I did the “Healthy Food Challenge” and it was great! I even took the next step and joined a 21 day challenge. Just completed that challenge….liked it so much…I restarted the 21 day challenge.  I lost 4lbs on the 5 day challenge and an additional 4lbs on the 21 day challenge. I didn’t do measurements for the 5-day challenge, but I did for the 21 day.  I lost a total of 10 inches (measuring arms, legs, chest, stomach, hips). I was surprised since the last week of the challenge I was in Key West and ate a lot of Key Lime pie. I probably would have lost a few extra pounds if it weren't for the vacation. The exercises were definitely doable. The DVD workouts are only 30 minutes, so I was able to fit them in every day. I really like that I could tell I was getting stronger. I didn’t loss much weight, but I definitely toned up and feel stronger. For me, being able to actually feel results in 3 weeks is huge. It keeps me motivated. If I had only lost 4lbs, I would have been bummed after 3 weeks. Dropping a size in clothes and feeling stronger is what made the difference for me.  If you are interested, contact my friend Alice Finkelstein, and she’ll get you on your way to a healthy you!

Organize: Didn't exactly complete this for February. I did make some progress, but it was much harder than I expected.  I have a general plan, but decided I need some guidance. This may take a bit longer.

March
Health: Dedicate 15 hours to volunteering
Organize: Clean and organize shed and garage

Health: I completed my 15 hours…probably more. I volunteered to put together the 4th Grade Auction project for the school. I cut, sanded and primed white fir wood 4x4 tiles for the kids to paint. Spent and afternoon at the school painting with the kids….then painted the edges and sealed the tiles. I made a planter then glued and nailed the tiles to the planter. I had so much fun with this project. The kid’s art was amazing!! The entire package includes a wooden cooler, grill, grilling cookbook, grill tool-set, glow-in-the-dark marshmallow sticks, hammock chair, the planter, and plates and cups custom made using pictures of the art. I will be bidding on this package at the auction!!

Organize: Why is organizing becoming my nemesis?? I haven’t gotten to this yet. I still have a couple of weeks.

Finish up March and on to April…
Wheek! Wheek!

 Alice Finkelstein







No comments:

Post a Comment